Saturday, April 11, 2015

Simple Flower pattern - Free

I wrote this flower pattern for a dress I made. I thought I would share it on here as a freebie.




I made mine using worsted weight yarn and a 5.00 mm crochet hook. 
Some of my testers used dk weight yarn, Caron Simply Soft (a light weight worsted) and smaller hooks. You can use any weight yarn you want with a hook that works well with that weight. Since gauge isn't really an issue for something like this, experiment and see what you get!


ROUND 1 With color A, Ch 2, work 10 hdc into 2nd ch from hook, sl st to 1st hdc. Do not turn. (10 hdc)
ROUND 2 Ch 3, work 2 dc in each hdc  around. Sl st to 1st dc. Do not turn (20 dc)
ROUND 3 Join color B (you can carry color B behind your work and not fasten off) Ch 1, work *2 hdc in first st, 1 hdc in next* around. Sl st to first hdc. Do not turn.  (30 hdc)
ROUND 4 Join color A (fasten off Color B) *ch 3, sk 1, sc in next* around.  Sl st to ch 1 of first ch 3. Do not turn. (15 ch 3 spaces)
ROUND 5 In each ch 3 sp around work *hdc, dc, tr, dc, hdc*. Sl st into first hdc. Fasten off, leaving a long tail for sewing on. (15 petals)

Weave in ends and you’re finished!


Here are a few different versions from my testers! 





No comments:

Post a Comment